Duty of Fair
Representation for Stewards
1. Investigate all grievances fairly and fully.
2. Don't discriminate against your members.
3. Pay attention and
adhere to the time limits in your grievance procedure.
4. Don't play favorites or act in an arbitrary manner.
5. Represent all members equally and in good faith.
6. Keep members informed.
7. Investigate, prepare and present grievances in an above-board and professional manner.
8. Don't "horse trade" grievances. Handle each grievance on its own merit.
9. Not all
grievances are taken forward, particularly to arbitration. Many are unfounded,
without basis in contract violation, un-winnable, lack evidence or supporting
<<Previous Page Next Page>>